Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life 101: It Is What It Is.

My dear friend Jeannie sent me an email today titled my wish for you in 2009. I read it over and felt at peace. I truly believe in the words that came with the email and had to share them with you today.

"There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore.. and who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future. Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

I teach high school and have come to understand the term that we all have baggage in our lives. No one ever walks away from baggage. Whatever happens in your life....you carry with you forever. I am a living example of that. Decisions that I make and have made all were the results of the baggage I carry. Once hurt twice shy is true. I almost missed out on a good thing because I was afraid of being hurt again. Fortunately I realized the error of my decision before it was too late. I grew up with parents that adored each other and are still happily married after 58 years. I thought that is the way marriage was supposed to be....well....I found out....it isn't. Not everyone gets the brass ring....or rides off into the sunset with the prince. I see kids and fellow collegues fighting battles every day....whether it be aging or sick parents, sickness themselves, children who have turned and walked away, abuse, it does not matter....I have come to see that we all have battles to fight.....and how we cope with them truly does make the difference. I can be depressed and sad....and become a negative talking person.....or I can chose to make life the best I can ......I personally....chose to let go....and let God. He can handle it. Have a good one!

No comments: