Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, January 16, 2009

Come, Ye Sinners

I am a weirdo for sure. When I was a child one of my favorite hymns was probably one of the most solemn in the whole Methodist hymnal. It contains minor chording...which to me is the mark of a good song. The hymn I am referring to is entitled, "Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy."

The first verse and chorus are what always seem to touch my heart the most because when I am at the bottom of the barrel of despair they seem to come lilting through my mind until I find myself singing them fervently....and out loud. The verse and chorus go:

"Come, ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love and pow’r.
Refrain:
I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
Oh, there are ten thousand charms."
Are these not the most powerful words you have ever heard? Can you believe what you have just heard? If we come to Him....it does not matter if we are sick, poor, weak, needy, sore, wounded, pitiful....He is standing there, calling to us....to save us....and still...there are so many of us out there who do not rise and go to Him. What are you waiting for? I am not saying life gets easier....but it certainly does get a lot more secure. You know from past blogs what I am up against with my father....and believe me....I could not do this without God on my side. I am a big ole daddy's girl....and if I had to face this alone....I would just as soon stick my head in a hole and let life pass me by. But I don't have to. Matthew 11;28 tells us to "Come to me, all you who are troubled and weighted down with care, and I will give you rest." On this cold and very sad Friday night.....I am going to take my God up on this and let Him carry my load. God bless you all tonight. K

No comments: