Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, March 10, 2008

Treasures on Earth

My friend Robert, Dr. Bob, sent me a lenten thought for today and the verse was “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be
also.”—Matthew 6:21. This verse made me think....and for a Monday after springing forward with a time change that was a difficult task....but I asked myself, "just what are your treasures Karen?" I came up with the traditional treasures, my parents, my husband, my children, my church, my friends, my job, and some stuff....you know...like photographs that provide memories, my guitar that provides intertainment and stress relief....my computer...it allows me to create words, this blog, keep up with people.....All of these things I am truly grateful for. They provide my life with a sense of fullness and completion...but I had to think outside the traditional box....what would my real treasures be? Well...I think it would be the fact that I am a Christian. I have a relationship with Jesus that is by far my greatest treasure. I talk to Himdaily, walk with Him....and I know that I belong to Him. Of all the treasures in my life this one is definitely worth more than all the money in Fort Knox. So....as I begin my first week of springing forward time...and the last week of school this term....I am truly a blessed person. I teach in a job that I know I am called for....and love every moment. I sing to a God I adore and who adores me. I sing professionally.....get paid sometimes....don't others...but it is ok...because I am using a talent that God has given me.....and I fill up my days with people I love...and who love me. I have an abundance of treasure on this earth....I am truly blessed....thank you God for giving me this life path to walk.

No comments: