Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Most Beautiful Rainbow

I got an email this morning....from my friend Janice....as a forward from my dear friend Carolyn. It started out with an absolutely gorgeous picture of a rainbox....and then it said as we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. Live simply. Love generously.Care deeply. Speak kindly.Leave the rest to God. This email came at a perfect time in my life....they usually do....especially the profound ones. My father is very sick. He is not eating....he is not smiling...he is not laughing....he sleeps....alot. Yesterday he fell down in my front yard and hurt his hand. When I got home and saw the hand I grieved. I don't want to see my father hurt....or hurting. I love this man....I am a daddy's girl. Through all my life of caving in and hurts....my daddy was there....he held me...he loved me....he cared....when things got to big for me to handle....I let him handle them...he truly has been the poster child for living simply, loving generously, caring deeply, speaking kindly,....and leaving the rest to God. Now it is my turn to take the lessons he taught me and run with them. I cannot fall into my daddy's arms and weep right now....but I can fall into my heavenly Father's arms and let him take care of the rest. Thank goodness He is there. It is a great strength to know that I have two such loving father's. Thanks friends for sharing the thought with me....and giving me a rainbow when my sky was looking so gray.

No comments: