Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Holiday Craziness

The holidays are fast upon us. Everywhere you look there are signs of Christmas springing up. I hate the fact that Christmas decorations are up in town even before Thanksgiving. It seems like we rush through this very important time of being thankful for all we have. Christmas lights and trees adorn the windows of the stores downtown already and it just drives me nuts. Why can't we just take one season at a time? Why can't we thoroughly enjoy one before moving on to the next one. I personally love Thanksgiving. I love the whole concept of cooking for my family, being with my family, thanking God for all I have. I may not be the richest person in the world, but I do know that on this very special day....I say an extra special thank you for all I do have. I have a wonderful husband whom I love dearly and I am blessed and very thankful that he is in my life. I have a wonderful set of parents for whom I am very thankful. They helped shape me into who I am today. I have four wonderful children who have given me some of the greatest memories of my life and for them I am most humbly thankful. Right now as we speak they are safe, well, happy, and loved. I am thankful for my wonderful friends. I have friends that are a part of my soul and they know me better than I know myself. They also know where my journals are kept and have strict instructions upon my death to pour a glass of wine and burn them all, drinking the wine as the embers die out. Those kinds of friends do not come along often. I am thankful for my ability to sing. It is a God given talent and it is one that I appreciate on a daily basis. I can see, I can hear, I can taste, I can walk, I can breathe and for all of those things I am most thankful for. I am thankful for my grandchildren. I am thankful that I can worship in a church on Sunday morning and be safe and not have to hide my bible. I am thankful....everyday...but on Thanksgiving day...I am especially thankful. Now, the day after Thanksgiving....Christmas is fair game....and I will swing into Christmas mode. I won't be frantic...because I shop for Christmas all year. I don't understand these people that panic when they realize there are only 47 days left til Christmas. Duh!!!! It comes on the same day every year....so why the big surprise? Griefus people....you act like there is some fairy out there...that moves Christmas Day on a whim. I am 53 years old and it has been on the 24th/25th all of my life. It has never fallen on any other day but those calendar days. On that note I will bid you all goodnight and go tuck myself into my bed. I already have my kerchief on...Merry Wednesday to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments: